Sunday, September 29, 2013

Tell a Trusted Adult

Fast track to escalated emptiness
Relapse of enlightenment
Old habits die hard because they feel good
Cycle of comfort and control
I can't TALK to Stonehenge


Any soft burning
Of familiarity
Premonition saliva excited

From eventual to hot and fast
And thick spit acid drips
Psychedelic esophagus
Totally better

Three winters worth of rhyme scheme
Wearing your old clothes
Scarecrow of a fleeting savior
Go through the pockets
Try to figure out where I lost myself

Point with a finger
Give a direction
Downward spiral staircase
It's all reruns and sequels
Vomit sequins

The acoustics of the bathroom floor
I thought you could hear me purging
From the other side of the highway
The way a twin can feel when the other one is in pain
I just wanted to feel you
Peel back the cheap foil stars
We had attached to my skin
Cooperation and completely secret
Anecdotes that I've grown too exhausted
To retell to strangers
We'll take it all the the grave with dimly lit
Eyes and names that don't match
I should apologize for every tear-filled heart
To heart that I untangled with my bleached claws

In one arch of a back
Hissing cat or a body bent with orgasm
Choking on an instrumental
The earth is not
Something inconsequential
Backwards map
Make it happen
Seahorse captain
A joke of a throat
Bleached bone skeletons
As bare and as shivering as undressed skin
The very first time

No comments:

Post a Comment