Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Knee-high Knee-jerk-reaction







 My blog isn't letting me update the bottom of the entry. But the dress is by LIP SERVICE.
www.lip-service.com
Currently I'm watching an episode of Season 3 of The L Word, and the gang is in Canada for (2006 spoiler alert!!) Carmen and Shane's wedding where Shane leaves Carmen at the altar. In the scene immediately in front of me, Alice is zip-lining for the first time. I imagine it would feel exhilarating and frightening as hell (per all the most superlative things in life), but where I'm really going in my head... is I'm trying to imagine ice cold wind on my face again. Because that's totally a thing here. And I'm getting antsy waiting for it. I always do.
Winter is a romance I will always miss when it's not around. Maybe I miss it more when I'm sweating in a fever staring at a calendar, but I do miss it. Winter is the lover that was always there, even when taken for granted. There are little things one can still hold onto when living in the wrong season. I still wear stockings in the summer; it's a little secret nod to winter, to let winter know it'll always be my favorite season. A wink. A cryptic, messy, cursive love note.
I want to only ever wear sleek, feline black dresses. With opaque black tights that hardly protect me from any freeze. That's where I'm comfortable, locked inside three jackets, nothing able to get in, but still looking like the coolest.....
We always want what we can't have at the moment.... but is still in our grasp enough for it to salivate and meow over like feral alley-cats just starving for something that feels more visceral than any contrived emotion we made up in our heads over the past few months. Or is that just me? Stockings are sexy, and simple, and its exciting to wear something that isn't what it looks like. Garter stockings and garter leggings were given to us by nylon gods and now we have... faux knee highs. They don't slip. Ever. Tight, gripping and only kind of warm, they hold up. Because its just what they do. While pretending to enjoy the season.

Also, here's a fun article about how apparently faux-knee highs are "enraging" men:

Got mine from this site, which has a bunch of cheapies, but also mine were sent in from China, so they took about three weeks
TOTES WORTH IT;

Japanese sunrise dress, by Nikki Lipstick from Dolls Kill


No comments:

Post a Comment