Tuesday, October 1, 2013

One Hell of a Drug


I am hardly lucid
And am trying to tell this pharmacist my date of
Birth understanding the politics of being human
Is trying to find a parking spot anywhere where
Nothing rhymes with six o clock

It took me two whole heart breaks to find my car
This is the tenth circle of hell
The damnation of those
Who lust too romantically
Or whose gravest sin is irrevocably poor
Time management skills


But patience is a virtue
My second-person silence is silver
I want someone to shut me up
Inside a cupboard forever
I auditioned for the role of the good china
Speechlessly I imagined the audience in their underwear
And got cast as the secondhand table
A chest full of secrets and not a leg to stand on

Explicit and unhealthy
Coughing along to British dramas
Shot reverse shot medium shot
This is how conversations are filmed
I still know the formula for everything




No comments:

Post a Comment