Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cinnamon and Speed


Vinyl records getting dizzy from giving
Me the run around drunk on portable clock machines
Love me forever promise and swear and curse like sailors
Read at night read in the morning
Sharing favorite authors and secrets and sharing sweat
Forever promise always I am getting too old
For this maybe but they don't put a representative number of candles on my birthday anymore
I'm sorry for chewing and spitting in front of you but at least it made you believe
When Nicole and I were little we used to stick
Pretzels into our sandwiches

Happy birthday darling we love you very very very very very much

What the shit is a reference I still can't
Leave the house every piece
Of clothing hurts my skin I just want to be underneath
Your Christmas tree when you wake up as a ten year old who is still excited
About life and has never been arrested for illegality or the way
You were arrested when my eyes met yours
On a sidewalk that once felt like it meant something

No comments:

Post a Comment