Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lovely When it Doesn't Hurt


End of Indian summer, non threatening love-making
In the first time in forever,
Laughing panting kind of way
That doesn't make me feel like I'm being robbed
From the inside out
That doesn't leave me

Feeling like sacrifice,
Thanksgiving turkey
Just some sizzling hot golden thing
With a hole at each end
Something dead, and dazzling
And put on a silver platter


I have been purging
The shark-tight grip
Of a literal twist of my young arm


No more voiceless nightmares
My body wasn't made for someone else
No more fistfuls of survivor lies
Survivor guilt
Self blame and self inflicted....
It's good to have consequences
Lie back and stare at a wall

Lie back and stare at a wall

My American dream
Has been touched and fucked and broken 
And the blackheart of it all
Is the straight faced normalcy 
That came with it 

Oh to thank a warm body
For giving me what I want

All I wanted was to be listened to
Closely, like the snap of a twig 
Among rustling leaves
In a forest that may be haunted 

Rarely have I ever been grateful in the fall
It's lovely when it doesn't hurt

2 comments:

  1. Hey!

    This was beautiful. Authentic and robust and vulnerable.

    I much appreciate your sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'm kicking myself for not remembering that it was my OLD blog that lived on BlogSpot - ritalinday - and that my NEW blog lives on Wordpress - thecasanovaoccurring.com.

    It was a pleasure meeting you last night, and I would very much enjoy listening to and getting to know you better in the future.

    Thanks.

    Louis

    ReplyDelete