Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Born to be Wild



When cellphone ringtones first became a thing, my family went all out. Whenever my parents called me, we would hear the foreboding haunt of Beethoven’s Fifth, and when I called my mom, she had scheduled “Born to Wild” to play. Which is sweet, in a way. Leopard print will never be out of style. Leopard print will never be out of style for leopards
. And a leopard never changes its spots.

Regression is an ugly bitch. I need to get back to being where I was earlier this year: wild and free. A toned-down, medicated, mid-twenty-something version of wild and free. Including but not limited to: wasting days off sitting around in my underwear cutting things out of magazines, trying to sort out my feelings with sharpies, construction paper, stickers, and scotch tape. It means bingeing without purging. Three pots of coffee, an entire jar of peanut butter, and celebrating the queering of mainstream entrainment by binge-watching Orange is the New Black. If you haven’t watched it yet, it’s poignant, giggly, and meeeow. “Meow” gets me back on track. Leopard print, black clothes, and bright lips. The easiest way to feel better is to stop dressing shyly, to stop dressing sad, and start dressing like a wild animal.

Zebra comes and goes and Dooney rocked giraffe print for a season but as far as I’m concerned, rockstar-esque leopard print never goes out of style… for leopards.

Hotmes beanie: by UNIF, from Dolls Kill
www.dollskill.com/UNIF
Leopard print shorts: by Joyrich, from Dolls Kill
joyrich.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment