Friday, August 23, 2013

Roller-Disco Romp











My life is a costume party. That's my steadfast response to the incessant question posed to yours truly. Believe it or not (you totally believe it), I get asked "is it a costume party?" pretty frequently.Whatever I', doing, I'm going to dress the part. All the world's a stage, is it not? 
My friends & I decided that we can't just get wasted for every single birthday, because that's something we could do on a Wednesday afternoon. Not that we do this. (Habitually) To mix it up, my babygirl MaLeah requested that we go rollerskating for her birthday. Challenge accepted. I thought about dressing up super retro seventies roller-rink party, & then just slyly opt for rollerblades instead of legitimate, four chunky square wheel roller skates. This is because, to my knowledge, I can't rollerskate. Turns out, my group of friends and I are going to represent the USA for rollerskating in the next Olympics.
Active-wear. That's a thing, right? I detest when anyone says they wear jeans because they're "easy to move in". The last time I hopped a fence (circa 3 am on December 17th of last year) I was wearing a skintight backless black American Apparel mini-dress, so for just skating around, you bet your ass I'm not trying to "move around" in jeans. If you're so inclined, you should always move around in short short short-shorts with opaque stockings underneath for some semblance of modesty. Don't want to offend anyone when you're just trying to have fun. Also if you're going to go short & tight on bottom, you're gonna wana balance that out with long & loose on top. Once again, bitches be getting offended easily. Modest is hottest. 
& by modest I mean totally see-through sheer and rhinestone-emblazoned chiffon high-low shirt with a brightly colored bandeau underneath. One last note: if you're not rockin rollerskates (which, sorry, cuz that sucks) wear cowboy boots, because stocking-clad legs inside of big boots always look sleek & sleeeeender. It's still summer for a few more weeks! Go play!

Shopping links & info:
Seafoam rhinestone high-low top by Nastygal: http://www.nastygal.com/
Disco shorts by American Apparel (duh) : http://www.americanapparel.net/
Black ballet stockings by Capezio: http://www.capezio.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment