Tuesday, August 20, 2013

For I Have Sinned




I love a good Wednesday Addams dress. Personally, I love anything with a collar because it allows me to show this classy, demure and girly side that I must posses somewhere deep inside my crazy soul.  Also I'm really into with the stark contrast between the soft, sheer black body & stiff bright white collar. I'm reminded of  the crisp neatness of Catholic nuns, a regular sight for almost the first half of my life. Being raised Catholic got me really heavily into the iconography of things, the aesthetics, and rituals. My views on faith & religion have become all too similar to my views on fashion: you honestly can choose which rules to follow, which rules to break. There is no right or wrong when it comes to something so personal.  

This dress achieves the perfect amount of class by pairing long sleeves and a high collar with a hem that's.... not that long.  This makes the dress incredibly versatile as far as styling it goes. When I'm pretending that I'm a fancy dancy model, this pairs well with platform heels that help flex all the little leg muscles that this dress shows off, and nude heels with bare legs will always, ALWAYS make your legs look longer. Believe me. At a teeny 5'1", I know these things. If you don't need to look taller, then (I'm jealous &) you can pair this with black heels, preferably Mary Janes for a look of ironically fashionable innocence. For scurrying around campus in the fall, I'm styling this with thick black opaque tights and navy blue lace-up loafers.

I would suggest wearing your hair up in a tidy topknot to really accentuate the collar and make that particular detail pop. The main reason I'm wearing my hair down here is because I just washed it for the first time in days and I wana show my uncharacteristic locks off! & I may have this kinky affinity towards innocence, but seriously. A black bow with this would be amazing.

In addition: IF ANYONE TELLS YOU YOUR DRESS IS TOO SHORT, TELL HIM OR HER TO GO TO HELL. Praying for their soul is up to you. 

UNIF Confessions dress: Dolls Kill


Faux patent leather nude platform pumps: Target

(suggested)
black opaque ballet stockings: Capezio
Zara loafers:

No comments:

Post a Comment