Friday, April 25, 2014

Seeing Red

I know that I’m a child who thinks she’s the only one with feelings
I know that I’m a child who thinks nothing else matters but her
It’s been slung at me from across midnight living rooms
Or from the passenger’s seat smack into the side of my face
I know we’re all lost

But you know how to read a map
And I don’t even know how to fake it

So I keep doing the dishes and wind-chiming in my own ear
“Tiny accomplishments are still accomplishments”
I’ve been eating food lately, normal amounts of actual solid food
I keep putting things inside myself as if to say, look
I'M A REAL GIRL

And I know no one likes a pity party
But just wait til you party with me

I know I’m a problem child, I know I’m just dysgraphic math
I know my imaginary numbers don’t help
The last matador I knew I challenged by asking
Can’t you just see the best in me? And fuck, maybe he did
And there just wasn't enough there 

No comments:

Post a Comment