Saturday, April 12, 2014

Buying the Domain

And Brooklyn, okay, Brooklyn, is completely out of the question

The chambers of my heart have coat check, have valet
The wet insides of my lips, red carpet
This is champagne, the words coming out of my mouth
This is champagne

I have champagne taste, I taste like mints and sugar
Like pink glitter lip gloss I apply myself
I reapply myself


When the skyline washes her face, when her mascara runs
Far and away

I will be there taste-testing
I will be their test-taker
Because I take, and I take and I take
And I kill because I care, and I binge because I have so much
Making up for to do

The to-do list is finite, I promise
I never planned on so many calendars but I was raised
On the propaganda of meaningfulness
Verbal brochures of Disney purity

I could drink wine with fucking anyone

Not in Brooklyn though, oh God no not in Brooklyn

I will do what needs to be done
On some days, it is your body

I fall asleep deciding
My nose is in a book, my nose is a defining characteristic
I am all boobs and straight teeth
I am neither here nor there




No comments:

Post a Comment