Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Feline Fatale







"Now I mean, it just wasn't fair. Her dress fit so tight it almost split the seams. Too many chocolate malts. And she walked around on heels so high they looked like little stilts. She walked like a drunken cripple, staggering around the room. A glorious dizziness of flesh."  - charles bukowski

[VOICE OVER] 

January air is an envelope
Put the money inside
Leave your heart on my doorstep and
Those cigarettes in the trash

A mummy unwrapping is a bandage dress that
I'm not letting you in
You're taking my punchlines straight to the gut
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no
Get the hell out of here's, no
Please don't ever leave me again's
An airport is a calendar
A tight skirt is me penciling you in
I've got a tight schedule but I need words

The road to hell is paved
With SOMETHING OLD AND SOMETHING
NEO-NOIR

January long-sleeves are a bookmark
A telephone booth is a place that

I SHOULDN'T BE CHANGING
A short fuse is a long skirt is my hips are
A film movement from the 1940s
Emphasis on the word movement


[DIALOGUE OVER THE CLINKING 
OF COFFEE CUPS AND TEASPOONS] 

Careful, my coffee
....
Your boobs didn't used to be so big
Because I was too skinny? 

A knock at the door

January is a dissenter
Is the twelfth angry man 
The only vote of NOT GUILTY
Now I can keep my food and my secrets down
Shaking me down like I know the score
I've been too hungry for answers, for a conclusion
Burning stomach on the back burner
Pancakes for dinner is either a distraction
Or exactly what we've been looking for
We'll have to see
If this is syrup or poison
[MUSIC, TRUMPETS MOSTLY. 
JAZZ. THE SOUND OF A DOOR 
CREAKING OPEN AND SLAMMING SHUT]

flower crown by Blue Velvet Vintage on the north loop drag in Austin, TX bluevelvetaustin.com
crop hoodie by American Apparel http://store.americanapparel.net/
pencil skirt by Forever 21 www.forever21.com


1 comment:

  1. This made me think of someone in the spotlight for some reason.

    ; /

    ReplyDelete