Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rosie, the Riveting





Third wave feminism means that I don't have to wear pants if I don't want to. If you think about it. If you extrapolate it. I really don't wear pants. Ever. I only own one pair of jeans & actually, I stumbled upon them in a hazy moment of necessity. I have never worn them without heels. I don't wear them very often, but when I do, I feel very rough & tumble. I can't fix a car or fix my hair,  but when I wear my jeans I feel very YOU CAN DO IT!  Boyfriend jeans are perfect for summer because they're slouchy; they're easy and they won't stick to your sexy little legs when it's all hot & humid outside. 
The perfect compliment to masculine jeans is naturally a little white tank top. All the UNIF & Petals + Peacocks tanks I buy are muscle-cut, so sometimes I like to roll the tank sleeves into themselves, creating a thin strap verses a tank sleeve. It changes up the look a bit, & sometimes can be more flattering as well. 
As if they weren't in enough already, this outfit just screams headscarf!  Generally, I just fold a neck scarf in half & then twist it up. Sunglasses, heels, and red lipstick are the last couple accessories you'll want to ice this retro cake with, & then you're all ready to look like YOU CAN DO IT!
Shopping info & links:
Selfie tank: by Petals + Peacocks from Dolls Kill
Jeans:  men's Levi's 
Scarf: Forever 21
Wedge booties: Steve Madden


No comments:

Post a Comment