Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Breasts, Thighs, and other Disgusting Foods



So I learned to become this
California poppy
Seed muffin

Cute as a pink cocktail, chilled, sweating,
And twice as dangerous when had on an empty stomach

I feel eyes, searching noses
On my box of Girl

Scout cookies ripped open
Tears fall at the sight of my
Spilled milk

A porcelain cookie jar aching with regret
And one million attempts at optimism

Swan throat, feathering thoughts, white knuckles
Gritted my teeth through this doctor’s appointment of a life

Strawberry short stack,
I have been forked

And knifed in the back

Hands sticky with my own syrup on my favorite kind of afternoon
My daydreams are the color of a black widow’s teeth
My skin and my conscience stained
With room temperature champagne
And jam

I put the gore in gourmet really,
And to ask for a a to-go box hardly seems necessary

No comments:

Post a Comment