Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Because You're Worth It



The glitter, the glimmer, regurgitated gummy bears
In a pristine toilet in the absinthe bar

Brightly colored rainbow sludge: sticky slime
Shiny, the red ones shone like brand new blood
The kind that comes
Fast and frightening, sweet and seasoned
With thick white spit
Tasting a warm, almost hot, mushy apple, in reverse

The bullshit problems of a skinny white girl
Barfing up her hips
Barfing up her last name
Replacing it with the slop
Sound of a bag of candy gone, unswallowed
In one hundred and twenty seconds
Teeth and claws, and collarbones

That’s what little girls are made of

Made up in red lipstick,
As made up as a story book

Beat myself up, beat myself open
A piƱata exploding, soggy confetti
A million colors, so bright you can’t see
The glamor brought me to my knees, I worshiped myself
Played God with my stomach, made God out of my skeleton
And I didn’t listen
To my own whimpering prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment