Thursday, November 7, 2019

Wolf vs a Lie (from August)

So this is how it feels
To feel everything, to feel nothing
To feel something with no name
Something that we rename

To turn our backs on our shared decision
To bleed a red ink incision
Down the heart of a vow that was supposed to feel
Everything, that was supposed to fill everything

Your cup runneth over while mine was always
At least half full, I had so much to offer you
But you would rather shout it from the top
Of the processed food chain, you wannabe
Fucking alpha, that you have so much to offer the world

I will stay stationary, white knuckling
The whites lines of this stationery
With white lies you make a folly of our fidelity
And my loyal consistence, my empty mirror existence
You make me a fool and an immaterial witness
My fangs are no longer the sharpest tool in the shed
I can’t fix this, you take and you take
But isn’t there something I can take to heal
This ad nauseam still sickness

The sweet little girl who never dared breathe “no”
With pale pink lips and a big black bow
Let the phone slip, let’s pin a split black ribbon
To our overcoats

No comments:

Post a Comment