Friday, October 17, 2014

The Freaks Come Out at Night



My favorite American Horror Story Quotes thus far:

Season 1. Tate: Hi, I'm Tate. I'm dead. Wanna hookup?

Season 2. Kit: "They weren't humans, they were monsters.
                Sister Jude: "All monsters are human."

Season 3. Police officer: "Are you in charge here?"
                Fiona: "I'm Fiona Goode. I'm in charge everywhere."

Season 4. Girl: "Oh clown, you're so talented, please release us so we can tell the world."







American Horror Story & all its glorious creepiness is the television sensation that by its 4th season, is sweeping the fucking nation! I don't know what got me hooked. The sexy (& constantly inexplicably bent-over) maid in season one? Everything about Evan Peters? I think that... I've always been a huge proponent of all things dark & disturbing, & its really exciting to see that everyone else is, too. I also appreciate when something semi-scary can be a source of fashion inspo to the masses as well. The AHS fandom has sparked its own Mean Girls-esque catchphrase, "on Wednesdays we wear black."

& for most of us, this might be, "on most days we wear black, but on Wednesdays we DEFINITELY wear black." I chose to liven up this monochrome look by playing a lot with texture, because soft & smooth clothes comfort me when I'm sitting on the couch trying not to lose my fucking shit over Twisty the Clown. So I wore this silky silky silky UNIF Alexa romper, that gets tied up in the back with a gauzy, criss-crossed ribbon. Over that I threw a fur stole that I bought as a why-not purchase two years ago from a thrift store on the Eastside. Dirty hair and purple lipstick are optional. (But if you're gonna do dark lips, cyber lipstick by MAC is pretty much the answer to everything.)

UNIF Alexa romper

dollskill.com

urbanoutfitters.com
\

No comments:

Post a Comment