Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bicycle Rights.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained
Another missed-hit misadventure,  not again.
I missed it, the way our hips fit
In between midnight-
Blue sheets
Of crumpled crepe (color of birthday cake
Frosting) blue
Crepe paper.

I missed the danger-
Ous, danger of us
Falling into lunar vulnerability.
We were summer stars
Turning into humans, I was so inhuman,
I said, apathetic white face.
You told me I was inhumane

And I was.
Until my thighs goosebumped up
At the touch of your touch.
Wind-chapped, rough
Broken bicycle neck hands
Caressed my ugly organs.
I was strung out violin strings
I was cracked out on cracking up and breaking
Everything
Around me, reassured me, I could never be better,
Because you can take the girl out of the gutter

But  you can't the gutter out of the girl,
I started mumbling apologies
For my startling body,
For the fact that you had to breathe in the pneumonia of my world.

With the cleanliness of a doctor,
And the hands of a wolf,
You put my bones back onto place,
You took my blood off of shelves
Poured it out of airtight jars
All over the floor
You tripped and slipped and fell
A red and sticky horrifc mess,
But you refused to wash your hands of it,

And I slept marrow-deep
In your porcelain, soft as clouds, ribcage-house
The leaves outside
Threw a fit
Throwing themselves against the walls,
Falling

Like pages ripped out of a history book.

No comments:

Post a Comment